When anxious feelings spiral out of control, they can drain your energy and prevent you from living the life you want. If you’re ready to stop letting your anxiety have the upper hand, The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Anxiety can help. This workbook offers a step-by-step program you can use, on your own or with a therapist, to end anxiety and get back to living a rich and productive life.
With this book, you’ll develop a personal plan using techniques from rational emotive behavior therapy (REBT) and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), powerful treatment methods proven to be even more effective in the long term than anxiety medication. You’ll learn to recognize your anxiety triggers, develop skills to stop anxious thoughts before they get out of control, and stop needless fears from coming back.
- The powerful tools in this book will help you:
- Silence the irrational thoughts that trigger anxiety
- Create a personal plan to overcome excessive fears and worries
- Stop expecting perfection from yourself and start feeling confident
- Calm yourself when panic takes hold
- Defeat depression and other conditions that often occur with anxiety
- Build self-esteem
- Track your symptoms and maintain your progress
“Bill Knaus has hit the bullseye! From a horde of scientific studies and his own extensive experience, he has distilled an accessible, easily assimilated, pragmatic, and schematic approach to dealing with ‘parasite’ anxieties. Readers can work through this program in small bites to gradually advance their control over their destructive anxieties.”
–Joseph Gerstein, MD, FACP, Harvard Medical School