Stretching is basically a technique that will help you in increasing the overall length of your body thus increasing flexibility and reach. Stretching should be done before and after the main exercise. Different stretching techniques are used for warming up the body and to decrease any type of injury caused during the routine.
Many people seem to believe that stretching will help them “recover” from injuries sustained during exercise. While this it not true, stretching does help to reduce the chance of sustaining those injuries in the first place. There are also several other advantages of stretching that make it a critical part of every workout. Here are some of the benefits of stretching.
- One of the main advantages of stretching is that it has been demonstrated to build circulation.
- Stretching can increase your overall flexibility by increasing the length of the muscle.
- Stretching can help to counter dangerous levels stress.
- Stretching can help you maintain a proper posture as it aligns your spine.
- Back muscles can be strengthened by stretching exercises.
- Stretching should be done during warm ups, during exercises and after the work out.
- Warm up stretching can help your body prepare for the upcoming activity.
- Stretching should also be done during the workout and after.