Taken a nutrition class can give you an insightful experience to see what a traditional Nutritionist learns and eventually coaches or advocates to their clients. It can be a unique “cultural exchange” to experience what traditional Nutritionists learn.
- Comparing a vegetarian diet to meat-based diet
- How vegetarians have reduced risk of cancer, diabetes, etc.
- Superfoods, nutrient-dense foods, phyto-chemicals and importance of nutrients in the diet.
- Vegan and vegetarian diets offer significant benefit in diabetes management. They also improve plasma lipid concentrations and have been shown to reverse atherosclerosis progression.
- Appropriately planned vegetarian diets, including total vegetarian or vegan diets, are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases.
- The importance on B12 and Omega 3 Fatty Acids in a vegetarian and/or vegan diet.
- The excess of salt, fat and sugar in the Standard American Diet and the related high obesity rates in the United States.